My Journey To The GOP
I’ve been getting many of my friends asking me why I am now all of a sudden “right winged” in my political views. I find this question to be a little funny, considering the majority of the concerns are lack of understanding of why and how a gay male, future law student at Columbia, could possibly support Donald Trump. I want to make it clear, I do not full on support Donald Trump. I am critical of President Trump, just as everyone should be. We must hold our elected officials accountable and to the highest standard of review. I do just that. I am critical. I went from #DemocratToDeplorable after the election because I soon learned that I do not align with the leftist agenda or the Democratic party views on many key points.
- I think illegal immigration is an issue that should be addressed fairly and appropriately.
- I think Obamacare was a failure, it should be fixed. Socialism/Collectivism isn’t the solution.
- I find it embarrassing that we put undocumented citizens over the care of homeless veterans on the streets.
- I think some of the environmental regulations/laws are simply ridiculous, and a review of these laws need to be made.
- Most of all, I believe America should be first, always.
All In all, my views have changed because I’ve learned the economics behind many of the Democratic party’s programs and agenda, and simply do not agree with them. I am apart of the #NewRight and if being a constitutionalist makes me a Republican, than so be it. But I will always put the country I am from and proud to be a citizen of, first and foremost.
I’ll cut the BS, I’m a Republican. I support Trump. #America